- Bankruptcy Proceedings
- International Sanctions and Compliance
- Financial Disputes
- Mediation (training provided by the IEAM – l’Institut d’Expertise d’Arbitrage et de Médiation – the Institute of Expertise, Arbitration and Mediation)
- LL.M., Columbia University, New York
- Master 2 in English and North-American Business Law, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris I)
- Master 2 in General Private Law, Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II)
Alexandra represents French and foreign clients before the French civil and commercial courts in a wide range of complex financial and commercial disputes. She is praised by her clients for her strategic advice and advocacy skills and has an outstanding track record of winning cases.
Alexandra also has 20 years of experience in restructuring and insolvency. Alexandra assists corporate debtors, lenders or shareholders in the financial restructuring and rehabilitation of distressed businesses either out-of-court or in connection with formal restructuring and insolvency proceedings in France and abroad. She represents parties seeking to invest in and/or acquire the assets or businesses of financially troubled companies, buyers and sellers of distressed securities and businesses, financial institutions and shareholders that are lenders to and investors in financially troubled companies. She also often represents shareholders and managing directors in the context of liability claims.
She teaches International Bankruptcy Law at the Law Faculty of Sciences-Po Paris and is a member of the Women in Restructuring network.
She also advises her clients in relation to international sanctions and compliance matters, including internal investigations. Alexandra works on these matters in close collaboration with an international network of specialized local counsel. She also a member of the Export Controls and Sanctions Counsel Network.
Alexandra started her career in the Restructuring & Insolvency Department at Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson in New York. She then worked for more than a decade in the Dispute Resolution group at Freshfields in Paris where she advised and represented clients in the context of insolvency cases, as well as complex and often cross-border litigation, before joining Le 16 Law as a founding partner.
Alexandra is fluent in English. She is trained in mediation.
Recent publications :
- Avis d’Expert : Votre client est en difficulté, comment anticiper et réagir ? L’usine Nouvelle, June 2020
- Avis d’Expert : Entreprises en difficultés : les outils à la disposition du dirigeant, L’usine Nouvelle, June 2020
- Eclairage sur les mesures récentes pour les entreprises en difficulté, Lettre Option Droit & Affaire, June 2020
- Entreprises en difficulté pendant la crise sanitaire : interview, Le Monde du droit, April 2020
- Cessation des paiements après le 12 mars 2020 : Faisons comme si tout allait bien, Les Echos Executives, April 2020
- Covid-19: What measures has the French government put in place? Global Restructuring Review, March 2020
- Insolvency & Restructuring (France), Getting the Deal Through, 2017
- The introduction of court enforced debt-for-equity Swaps in France: the Revolution continues, Insolvency Intelligence, Issue 3, 2016
Recent conferences :
- Extraterritoriality of US laws: Myths and Reality, December 2019
- Regards croisés sur la notion de déséquilibre significatif et le contrôle judiciaire du prix – Le 16 Law et Deloitte, February 2019