- Banking, commercial, and corporate litigation
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Member of the New York Bar (1999) and Paris Bar (2002)
- M., Columbia University, New York
- Master 2 in English and North-American Business Law, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris I)
- Master 2 in General Private Law, Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II)
- Mediation (trained at the Institut d’Expertise d’Arbitrage et de Médiation)
Alexandra’s practice focuses on international or complex banking, commercial and corporate litigation. She also has extensive experience in bankruptcy matters (acting for debtors, creditors, as well as shareholders and directors) and in compliance matters.
Bankruptcy and bankruptcy-related litigation
- Advising and representing a bank to recover a circa EUR 7 million claim against a debtor placed in conciliation and reorganization proceedings and related actions to enforce a mortgage and a personal guarantee granted by the managing director and shareholder of the debtor company.
- Advising and representing the shareholders and managers of a group of companies specialized in the food industry in connection with the restructuring of their debts in conciliationand in reorganization proceedings.
- Representing directors and shareholders of a company placed in liquidation proceedings against claims by the French liquidators that the shareholders and directors would have would have mismanaged the company and should be held liable on their personal assets for the debts of the debtor company.
Banking, commercial and corporate litigation
- Advising the purchaser of a company in relation to the breach of representations and warranties and willful misrepresentations by the seller of the shares of a company and to the interpretation of an earn-out clause.
- Representing the shareholders of an unlimited liability company in several disputes against the purchaser of a claim of circa EUR 5 million relating to remediation costs allegedly due by the company, the previous shareholders of the company on the grounds of willful misrepresentation and failure to comply with their duty to inform the purchasers of the shares, and against the financial advisers which had recommended the investment in the unlimited liability.
- Representing the directors and shareholders of a company placed in liquidation proceedings alongside the liquidator of the company in liquidation against an investment fund which had entered a letter of intent and eventually failed to participate in a share capital increase days before the closing of the share capital increase.
- Advised several group of companies in connection with their withdrawal from sanctioned countries (Iran and Syria).
- Carried out ABC and international sanctions due diligence in relation to the purchase of companies in the hospitality sector.
- Member of the Women in Restructuring Association (WiR)
- Member of the Expert Controls and Sanctions Counsel Network (ESCN)
- Teaching: International Bankruptcy Law, Law Faculty of Sciences-Po Paris
- Avis d’Expert : Votre client est en difficulté, comment anticiper et réagir ? L’usine Nouvelle, June 2020
- Avis d’Expert : Entreprises en difficultés : les outils à la disposition du dirigeant, L’usine Nouvelle, June 2020
- Eclairage sur les mesures récentes pour les entreprises en difficulté, Lettre Option Droit & Affaire, June 2020
- Entreprises en difficulté pendant la crise sanitaire : Interview, Le Monde du droit, April 2020
- Cessation des paiements après le 12 mars 2020 : Faisons comme si tout allait bien, Les Echos Executives, April 2020
- Covid-19: What measures has the French government put in place? Global Restructuring Review, March 2020
- UK/EU Brexit jurisdiction issues, March 2021
- Extraterritoriality of US laws: Myths and Reality, December 2019
- Regards croisés sur la notion de déséquilibre significatif et le contrôle judiciaire du prix – Le 16 Law et Deloitte, February 2019