- Digital projects (Cloud, SaaS, IoT, platforms, tokens)
- Electronic Communications
- Technology Transactions & IP
- Data Protection (GDPR/e-Privacy)
- Member of the Paris Bar (1999)
- DJCE Rennes
- LLM, International Business Legal Studies, University of Exeter (UK)
Benoît is a tech lawyer with over 20 years’ experience advising European and international clients on technology transactions, electronic communications, digital regulation, and data protection. In addition to his prior experience at several law firms dedicated to supporting innovation, Benoît gained extensive in-house expertise, having spent 14 years at Apple, serving as Head of Legal for France / CEMEA, and Head of Telecom Legal for EMEA.
Benoît leads the firm’s digital practice.
- Assisting leading US digital companies with the negotiation of strategic agreements with European partners (including electronic communication operators)
- Advising foreign electronic communication operators and service providers on multiple aspects of the French electronic communication regulation (notably the French implementation of the EECC)
- Advising online advertising players on sensitive ePrivacy-related matters
- Advising a large variety of online players on compliance challenges related to their respective business models, including providing advice on regulatory requirements pertaining to online platforms, digital assets, influence marketing, international data transfers
- Conducting IP/IT/Data due diligence reviews for UK-based clients in relation to their acquisition or investment in France in relation to digital or biotech companies
- Advising a French unicorn on the drafting of global T&Cs for its worldwide BtoC eShop
- Conducting and/or coordinating IP/IT/Data due diligence reviews for a French venture capital fund in relation to investments in various digital startups across the African continent
- Advising French software companies on the drafting of ad hoc agreements for the distribution of cloud services and cybersecurity software solutions
- Assisting an innovative perfume startup with the drafting and negotiation of bespoke terms for the provision of an online widget solution for e-commerce websites
- Advising a French leading fashion company on setting up a bespoke contractual framework for a startup mentoring program
- Advising a Mauritius-based company with the drafting of ad hoc supply and maintenance agreements for biotech solutions
- Assisting a French startup with the drafting and negotiation of a consumer electronics sourcing agreement with an Asian manufacturer
- Legal mentoring: contributed to a legal mentoring program for international entrepreneurs in cooperation with “X-Up” (the Polytechnique Engineering School’s incubation program).
- Legal coaching: partnered with LaWineTech, the French wine & tech startup association to deliver bespoke legal workshops for wine-tech entrepreneurs.