- Financial Disputes
- Industrial Risks
- Corporate Disputes
- Master 1 and Master 2, Institut d’études politiques de Paris [Paris Institute of Political Studies] (specialization in Economics Law)
- Master 2 in English and North-American Business Law, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris I)
- Double Masters Degree/ LLB in English and French law, King’s College, London and Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris I)
Jean-Luc contributed for 10 years to the success of the arbitration and then commercial and financial disputes groups at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in Paris, prior to joining Le 16 Law as a founding partner.
His area of expertise covers all business law disputes with a specialization in complex financial and corporate litigation, often with an international perspective.
Having assisted large international groups and leading financial institutions, Jean-Luc now also advises small and mid-sized companies principally in France.
Jean-Luc is a founding member of the G-20Y, a think tank which aims at achieving greater international cooperation and develops initiatives to respond to global social, economic and financial challenges. He is also involved in the initiatives of the French think tank Droit et Croissance, which aims at making French law more business-friendly.
Jean-Luc is fluent in English.
- The French Code of Civil Procedure in English, Oxford University Press, 2012
- Third-party annulment proceedings against international arbitral awards inadmissible, International Law Office, 2010 (with Elie Kleiman)
- Dismissal of setting-aside actions must be explicitly reasoned, International Law Office, 2009 (with Elie Kleiman)
- Supreme Court broadens scope of res judicata, International Law Office, 2008 (with Elie Kleiman)
- Asbestos litigation in France: the French National Assembly’s views on the current system and propositions for reform, LexisNexis, 2006 (with Cécile Derycke)
- Telecommunications Dispute Resolution: Procedure and Effectiveness, British Institute For International and Comparative Law, 2004 (participation)
- Speaker at EFB (bar training school) on contract law