- Cross-border financial disputes
- Criminal law & white collar crime
- Internal investigations & compliance
- Sciences-Po Paris – Masters in Economic Law
- Panthéon-Sorbonne University (Paris I) – Masters in Business Law
- Sorbonne University (Paris IV) – Master in Economic History
- Paris Bar
Samuel Sauphanor is a dispute resolution lawyer assisting clients handling complex crises and sensitive financial and criminal disputes.
Criminal law & white collar crime
- Assisting and representing a former senior executive of the global leader in building materials in the context of a criminal investigation into alleged terrorism financing in Syria.
- Assisting and representing the CEO of several Egyptian companies charged with laundering of tax fraud proceeds before the criminal court.
- Assisting and representing the CEO of a consulting company charged with bribery involving an official of the European Union and a foreign public official.
- Assisting and representing several dozens of investors who made real-estate investments abroad (Detroit and Thailand), which turned out to be a massive fraud based on a Ponzi scheme.
- Assisting an aide for the President of the French Republic’s Chief of Staff in the context of the criminal proceedings involving Mr. Alexandre Benalla.
- Assisting and representing a former member of the French National Assembly in the context of a criminal investigation into alleged misappropriation of public funds.
- Assisting and representing a former member of the French government in the context of a criminal investigation into alleged laundering of tax fraud proceeds and false declaration of assets to the High Authority for Transparency in public life.
Financial & commercial disputes
- Assisting and representing a financial analyst before the Enforcement Committee of the French Financial Markets Authority (AMF) and in the course of subsequent proceedings before the French Administrative Supreme Court (Conseil d’Etat) in relation to alleged insider trading misconducts.
- Assisting and representing a major French mobile phone operator in the context of commercial proceedings brought by a French Consumer association based on deceptive commercial practices.
- Assisting and representing investment funds and other financial institutions in their financial regulatory related disputes, and representing in particular a credit institution in the context of the liquidation of one of its investment funds as a result of the March 2020 Covid financial crisis.
- Representing ABC Arbitrage, a financial institution specialized in financial arbitrage, in various disputes against before the French courts, and in particular in its capacity as minority shareholder holding American Depositary Receipts in the context of a dispute regarding a capital increase amounting to a billion euros carried out by a French company.
- Member of the Paris Board of the lawyers’ organization ACE
Publications and conferences
- Directors and officers: “big losers” of the Public Interest Judicial Agreement? 17 October 2019 – conference with Maxence Delorme, former vice-prosecutor and head of the economic and financial division of the public prosecutor’s office of the Nanterre court of first instance
- « Internal investigations without rights of the defence? », La Lettre des Juristes d’affaires (LJA), 27 January 2020
- « Ne bis in idem: overview of the challenges to the accumulation of administrative and criminal sanctions in the French legal order », La Semaine Juridique Entreprise et Affaires, 7 November 2019
- « Tax evasion: has the French Cour de cassation taken into account or circumvented the ne bis in idem principle? », Option Droit et Affaires, 9 October 2019